Recipe by Jen Andrews
This was my Aunt Karen's 4-H nutbread recipe.
Top Review by season55
I never thought I would find a copy of this easy recipe, years ago I first came across it in an old copy of a Waring Blender cookbook that came with a blender I bought at a garage sale, the Banana bread was the first thing I made it was great, moist and fragrant. The blender has been replaced after many more years of use and the book is packed away in storage so finding this recipe made my day. Give it a try if you want something quick, easy and delicious. Thank you for posting it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup soft butter
- 1 egg
- 3 small bananas (cut up)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In blender chop nuts for 10 seconds.
- Add to dry mixture.
- In blender put sugar, butter, egg, bananas and milk.
- Push puree for 15 seconds.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix till moistened.
- Bake in a 9X5 pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour.