Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Check with your dr when as to when you should start dried beans. Extras can be frozen.
Make and share this Blended Dried Beans for Babies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dried pinto beans or 1 cup dried kidney beans or 1 cup dried navy beans or 1 cup dried garbanzo beans, etc
- 3⁄8 cup breast milk or 3⁄8 cup infant formula
- Rinse and pick over 1 cup of dried beans. Soak in water overnight or boil for 2 minutes, then let sit 2 hours.
- Drain off the soaking liquid, and add 3 cups fresh water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the beans are tender (30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the kind of beans).
- Skim the surface of the pan often as the beans simmer.
- Drain, and blend with breast milk or formula, using more or less to get the thickness you need.