Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet and spicy. Great with tortilla chips or as a dipping sauce for grilled chicken or fish. Posted for ZWT 3- Mexico. Ole!
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice, preferably fresh
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- finely ground sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a blender or food processor, briefly process onion, jalapeño, bell peppers, cilantro, orange juice and olive oil. Transfer to serving bowl and add sliced strawberries. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Can make up to four hours ahead.
Another Winner here! I have made more salsa during this tour than ever... the different combinations are a wonderful change from regular salsa. I love the sweet and spice this has. I served it with tortilla chips, which I liked the salty, sweet and spice flavors combined! Awesome recipe, thank you for sharing. I will definitely make this again. Made for ZWT3 another *KEEPER* ~V
This is delicious salsa! The fresh ripe strawberries that are in season right now are perfect for this salsa! I loved it and my family kept saying how much they loved it, too! I served it with tortilla chips. Made for ZWT3 2007.