Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe comes from the book, Virginia Wine Country. Bleinheim is a vineyard located in Charlottesville.
- 2 lbs ground meat, part beef and part veal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients, except tomato sauce, well. Using either a fork or your hands shape mixture into a loaf.
- Place in loaf pan or in a shallow casserole dish. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove excess fat from pan. Pour tomato sauce over meatloaf and bake for 15 minutes.