- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- red food coloring
- 6 ounces white chocolate baking squares, chunks
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to the specified temperature in your cupcake recipe.
- Line muffin tins with foil or paper liners.
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl.
- Beat in the softened cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the coloring until the desired color is reached. Make the color several shades darker than the desired end result as the color will lighten as it bakes.
- Fold in the white chocolate chunks.
- Prepare the cupcake batter.
- Fill the cups 2/3 full with the cake batter.
- Place about 1½ teaspoonful of the filling in the center of each cupcake.
- Bake, cool, and frost as directed in the cupcake recipe.