Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Rachael Ray. DH is going to eat himself into a food coma when I make this for him!
Make and share this Bld Carbonara Pizza - Rachael Ray recipe from Food.com.
- cornmeal, for sprinkling
- 1 lb pizza dough, at room temperature
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling (EVOO)
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Sprinkle a little cornmeal on a pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Place the pizza dough on the pan and stretch into a large round or rectangle. Drizzle the dough with EVOO and partially bake until puffed and golden, about 8 minutes.
- In a small skillet, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring often, until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Add the ricotta, pecorino romano, egg yolks and garlic to the pancetta; season with pepper and stir to combine.
- Spread the ricotta mixture over the partially baked pizza dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border all around.
- Top with the provolone. Bake until the crust and topping are golden and cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Scatter the parsley on top and cut into wedges.
I watched Rachael cook this on her show and thought, "I have to try that!" However, it didn't quite live up to my expectations. It was good, but nothing special. Maybe I just like a saucy pizza- this was like cheesy bread with bacon to me (I did use bacon instead of pancetta). Anyway, I'm sorry to say that this was just okay.