Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted by request. Although habanero peppers are extremely hot, they do not overwelm you in this recipe, but rather lend a nice heat once your meat is marinated. Do be careful however when handling and chopping these peppers. Cooking time is marinating time.
- In a small skillet, heat oil and cook the habeneros until softened.
- Add worcestershire sauce, garlic and salt, heating until sizzling.
- Remove from heat and add wine, dry mustard and cinnamon, stirring until blended.
- Place the steaks and portabella mushroom in a ziplock bag, or large baking dish.
- Pour the marinade over the meat and mushrooms and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Remove meat and mushrooms from marinade.
- Discard marinade.
- Grill portabellas 15 minutes.
- Grill the venision steaks 6-7 minutes, turning once, until done to your liking (medium rare is best for venison).