- 1 lb ground beef (can sub buffalo!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning (or Cajun)
- 4 roasted anaheim chilies (fresh or canned)
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices red onions
Smoking Chipotle Honey Sauce
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, sliced (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare burgers:.
- Divide the meat into 4 equal portions and shape into patties. Combine the salt, pepper and Creole or Cajun seasoning, then sprinkle the mixture evenly over the 4 patties. Grill(or broil) the burgers until nearly cooked to desired level. Top each patty with a chili pepper, followed by a slice of cheese. Cover the grill until cheese melts and burgers are cooked to desired level. Spread the chipotle honey sauce evenly on each of the four buns(you may first toast the buns). Serve patties on buns and garnish with lettuce, tomato and red onion.
- To prepare sauce:.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in bowl and set aside.