- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dark chili powder
- 1⁄3 cup malt vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons l&p Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons pureed chipotle chiles (Chipotle Puree)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, cumin and chile powder and saute until onions are soft.
- Add the malt vinegar and deglaze, stirring and scraping the bottom of the saucepan to loosen all the brown bits.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until slightly thickened.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Refridgerate until ready to use, up to 3 days.