Adapted from Cooking Light - April 2006 These beans have just enough of a kick to pair great with grilled meats! A new twist on an old favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb finely diced bacon, slices (raw)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 5 (16 ounce) cans navy beans, rinsed and drained (I used drained pork and beans, didn't rinse them, as the first time I made this I used navy beans an)
- 1 (18 ounce) jar low-sodium barbecue sauce (I used regular)
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan, and set bacon aside. Add onion to drippings in pan; saute 3 minutes.
- 3Combine bacon, onion, and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in large bowl; toss well.
- 4Spoon the bean mixture into a 13x9 inch or 2 1/2 quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blazin' Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 21
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 326.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo
low-sodium barbecue sauce