Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Cooking Light - April 2006 These beans have just enough of a kick to pair great with grilled meats! A new twist on an old favorite.
- 1⁄4 lb finely diced bacon, slices (raw)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 5 (16 ounce) cans navy beans, rinsed and drained (I used drained pork and beans, didn't rinse them, as the first time I made this I used navy beans an)
- 1 (18 ounce) jar low-sodium barbecue sauce (I used regular)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan, and set bacon aside. Add onion to drippings in pan; saute 3 minutes.
- Combine bacon, onion, and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in large bowl; toss well.
- Spoon the bean mixture into a 13x9 inch or 2 1/2 quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.