Southern Lady's Note:
Recipe from Golden Oldies - Dish to Pass from Reminisce Magazine, March/April, 1994. Submitted by Louis Kohr of Washington State. Great by adding a little green food coloring either in the cake or icing for St. Patrick's Day or make for any other type Celebration. Preparation time is estimated.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 2In a mixing bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form; gradually fold in sugar.
- 3Combine water and extract; add alternately with flour mixture to cream mixture, gently folding ingredients together each after addition and just until combined.
- 4Fold in egg whites.
- 5Spread into a greased and waxed paper lined 13x 9 inch baking dish.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until cake tests done and is very lightly browned.
- 7Cool on rack for 10 mins, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- 8With fork, break cake into 1-1/4" pieces; set aside.
- 9For ICING, mix sugar, cream, salt and sherry until smooth. If icing is too thin, add additional sugar, if it's too thick stir in more cream.
- 10To Frost.
- 11Spear each cake cube with a fork, hold over bowl of icing and spoon icing over cake, coating all sides. Excess icing will drip back into bowl.
- 12Dip frosted cubes into chopped peanuts. Place on a wire rack to set.
Nutritional Facts for Blarney Stones
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 21
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 144.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g