1/2 Photos of Blarney Stone Cake With Frosting!
From Camp Waldemar for Girls in Hunt, Tx - this cake has been served at the camp since the 1940s. - these are FANTASTIC with coffee ice cream!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the cake:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Separate the eggs, reserving one of the yolks for the icing. Beat remaining 3 egg yolks until light and thick (about 5 minutes).
- 4Gradually add the sugar.
- 5Sift togther the dry ingredients.
- 6Add the dry ingredients to egg/sugar mixture alternately with the hot water.
- 7Stir in the vanilla.
- 8Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 9Gently incorporate 1/4 of the egg whites into the batter.
- 10Fold remaining egg whites into batter.
- 11Pour batter into 9x13 cake pan and bake 30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- 12For the Frosting:.
- 13Cream together the butter and the egg yolk. Sift the powdered sugar over the butter mixture and mix until smooth.
- 14Stir in the vanilla.
- 15Fold in 1/2 cup of the peanuts.
- 16Frost the cooled cake and sprinkle the remaining peanuts on top of the cake.
- 17Cut into squares (or I use a round biscuit cutter) and serve with coffee ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blarney Stone Cake With Frosting!
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.7
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 511.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 42.5 g
- Protein 10.1 g