Cinda Lu's Note:
My little 7 lb min pin has always had a delicate tummy. He cannot even tolerate a dog treat that is not part of his regular daily diet. Normally we give him one kind of dog food, period. Any diversion can cause an upset tummy. The vet has often prescribed a bland diet until his tummy returns to normal. When I explained this recipe to the vet, he approved it as a suitable substitute for the expensive prescription bland dog food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2Scramble and cook turkey meat, breaking into tiny ground meat peices.
- 3Add rice to turkey, sprinkle lightly with garlic powder for taste.
- 4This makes a large amount for a tiny dog, I freeze small bags for unexpected tummy upsets.
- 5Servings depend on the size of your dog.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bland Dog Food for a Sick Pup
Serving Size: 1 (2434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2739.2
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 358.6 mg
- Sodium 494.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 455.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 117.5 g