Recipe by Cinda Lu
My little 7 lb min pin has always had a delicate tummy. He cannot even tolerate a dog treat that is not part of his regular daily diet. Normally we give him one kind of dog food, period. Any diversion can cause an upset tummy. The vet has often prescribed a bland diet until his tummy returns to normal. When I explained this recipe to the vet, he approved it as a suitable substitute for the expensive prescription bland dog food.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Scramble and cook turkey meat, breaking into tiny ground meat peices.
- Add rice to turkey, sprinkle lightly with garlic powder for taste.
- This makes a large amount for a tiny dog, I freeze small bags for unexpected tummy upsets.
- Servings depend on the size of your dog.