Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a dessert I have grown up with. We make it with gelatine or agar agar. The sugar can be subbed with artificial sweetener too.
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (red , green, yellow) or 3 -4 drops food coloring (red , green, yellow)
- 15 g gelatin
- 200 ml milk (skimmed can be used)
- 3 -4 drops vanilla essence (use vanilla for cocoa or yellow or pista for green or strawberry or raspberry for red)
- 4 teaspoons sugar, to taste
- grated chocolate, to garnish the chocolate blancmange (orange rind, for the cocoa or yellow, flakes of pistachio or almond for the green, etc.)
- Grease a mould and set aside.
- Dissolve the agar agar or the gelatine in a little warm water.
- Mix this into the milk and then put on the flame for a few minutes till the milk thickens a little.
- Stir continuously.
- Add the cocoa/ or any other colour and the sugar and mix.
- Take off the flame and add the essence.
- Pour into the mould and refrigerate till set.
- Invert onto serving plate and garnish with your choice of garnish.
- Great dessert which is light and not too sweet (at least when I make it).