Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
So simple and very quick to blanch Asparagus, Broccoli, to Cauliflower. Do this prep for an quick put together meal when dinner are ready to eat. Season how you taste buds would enjoy! No mushy veggies here, just crisp vibrate ones.
- 1 head broccoli or 1 head cauliflower or 1 head asparagus
- bowl ice water
- olive oil (optional) or butter, just to cover bottom of pan (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- seasoning salt, to taste (optional)
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, sliced and sauteed till tender (optional)
- Trim vegetables by removing tough skin and chopping into bite size pieces.
- Keep stem separate form tender heads.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water add the thick stems for 1 minute then add the more tender tops of the vegetable and cook for 1 minutes. Remove and add to water bath to chill and stop the cooking.
- Save for when you want to get the meal finalized. Or add right to a pan with butter, oil, garlic, nuts what suits your fancy stir fry for 1-2 minutes, seasoning with seasoned salt and enjoy.
Perfect timing & method for making asparagus using Asparagus, Pickled Beets & Blue Cheese Salad as our holiday salad. Thanks for posting.
Great recipe! Fool proof! I will be using this a lot going forward. Thanks, Rita! Made for Veggie May 2010 Recipe Swap.
So quick and so easy! I put my broccoli in the boiling water for 1 minute, drained it, and threw it into the skillet with some smart balance/olive oil and garlic. Delicious! Fabulous color too! Thanks for sharing.