4 hrs 30 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
In my estimation this is the World's best eggnog. I have been making this for almost 40 years now. It comes from the Herb and Spice Cookbook by Craig Claiborne. It suggests Brandy, Bourbon or Rye as the prime ingredient ...but I GREATLY prefer using the Bourbon. Choose your favourite spirit from that list. I also have done with the orange rind and prefer without, but...
My Private Note
oz. ser ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the egg yolks and sugar and beat to the ribbon stage, which is to say until lemon colored and quite thick.
- 2Stir in the milk and spirits.
- 3Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold inches.
- 4Chill in the re frigerator four hours.
- 5Whip the cream and fold it into the eggnog.
- 6Meanwhile, carefully peel the orange, discarding the white pulp but reserving the extreme outer rind.
- 7Cut this rind into tiny, needle like strips.
- 8Grate the lemon rind.
- 9Stir both the orange and lemon rind into the eggnog .
- 10Grate fresh nutmeg on each serving! Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blanche Knopf's Eggnog-World's Best
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.4
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 153.0 mg
- Sodium 70.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g