Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Contest winner over and over...very flavorfull and if you have the urge...HOT!!!
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks
- 2 lbs pork brisket
- 3 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6 pieces bacon
- 12 ounces oasis oatmeal stout beer (or your favorite stout)
- 4 ounces jim beam whiskey
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 4 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 whole fresh jalapenos (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup masa harina flour
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans
- Fry Bacon.
- Reserve the grease.
- Eat the bacon!
- Sauté the onions and Bell peppers in the bacon grease with 1/2 of the minced garlic.
- Grill the meat to rare/ medium rare and cut into bite-size chunks.
- Pour the beer and whiskey into the LARGE pot and turn heat to medium high.
- Dump in the onions and peppers that you sautéed, tomato sauce, Jalapeno, 3/4 of the cumin, the Worcestershire sauce, the Kidney Beans, crushed red pepper,& the Tabasco sauce.
- When it begins to boil reduce heat to Medium and add all other ingredients except the 1 remaining Tbs of cumin.
- Cook on med low to low heat for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Add the last of the cumin now and cook for another 10- 15 minutes on medium high.
- Stir constantly during this last cooking period.
- Let simmer until served.
My husband loved this recipe! I don't care for beer at all and even I liked this chili.