Blackstrap Steaks With Caramelized Onions
- To prepare Caramelized Onions, spray medium nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium to medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently. If necessary, re-spray skillet with cooking spray.
- Add bell pepper; continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are browned and bell pepper is crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Stir in sliced basil, pine nuts, 1 tablespoon vinegar and black pepper.
- Season with salt, as desired; keep warm.
- Meanwhile combine molasses, Worcestershire sauce and 1 tablespoon vinegar in small bowl.
- Heat second large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Season steaks with black pepper.
- Place steaks in pan; cook 9 to 11 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with molasses mixture during last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking.
- Season steaks with salt, as desired; serve with caramelized onions. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.