Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is like a meeting of bourbon and peaches! This has such a wonderful flavor! Please try this, on ribs, steaks, awesome on chicken, wings and ham steaks. This recipe doubles or triples great. It brings a new dimension of flavor. I found this on another food site. Instead of the raspberries, try your favorite fruit, and give it another "personality". This amount of sauce (1 1/4 cups) is enough to sauce 3 pounds of ribs, 2 pounds of wings, or 2 pounds of ham steaks. This sauce can be made up to a month ahead and refrigerated. Reheat before brushing on during the last 10 minutes of grilling.1 1/4 cups
- 3⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon, preferbly sour
- 1⁄3 cup raspberries or 1⁄3 cup fruit
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or more to taste)
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients except the hot pepper sauce.
- Simmer, over medium-low heat, stirring often, until lightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the hot pepper sauce to taste.