Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This easy soup recipe, was given to me by a good friend. It is one of his family's favorites.
- 1 lb bulk sausage (either hot or mild)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 14 ounces chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Blanch the green beans or cook to desired doneness.
- In a large sauce pan, break up and brown the sausage. Remove from the pan.
- In pan drippings, saute the onion and celery until tender, then add the flour and cook further for a minute or two.
- Add the stock and water, deglazing the pan, and heat to the boil.
- Add the potatoes and simmer, covered until tender, about 25 minute
- Puree 2 cups of the mixture, return to the pan, add the sausage, beans and milk and heat through.