Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
for use on fish, steaks, etc
- 59.16 ml paprika
- 59.16 ml salt
- 19.71 ml garlic powder
- 19.71 ml cayenne pepper
- 9.85 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 9.85 ml dried chives
- 4.92 ml white peppercorns, cracked
- 4.92 ml black peppercorns, cracked
- 4.92 ml green peppercorn, cracked
- 4.92 ml red peppercorns, cracked
- Combine the paprika, salt, garlic powder, cayenne, thyme, oregano and basil in a bowl.
- Place the peppercorns and the chives in a spice grinder and blend until fine. Combine with blended seasonings.
I'm on a salt restricted diet, so can't use the prepared seasoning mixes. I did this one with 1/2 the salt for blackened chicken alfredo. Wonderful. Thanks
A wonderful spice mix! I made 1/4 of a batch and will mix up more as I need. I skipped the salt (didn't need it), also didn't have any dried chives and used only black peppercorn, fresh ground instead of cracked. I will try to find some dried chives next time. It was fabulous on shrimp. Thank you for the recipe!
This seasoning mix was pretty good. Followed instructions with measurements exactly. I for some reason could not find the chives in the spice rack,pantry and cupboard. Major suggestion is to cut back on the salt to 1- 11/2 teaspoons. Two teaspoons is way to much and turned out very salty! Unless you like thinks to salty do not change a thing.