An explosion of flavors in this Cajunized salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Cajun Spice Blend
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme, minced
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml sweet paprika
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 4 (680.38 g) skinless boneless turkey breasts, cutlet pounded to an even thickness or 4 (680.38 g) chicken cutlets, pounded to an even thickness
- olive oil
For The Salad
- 1To Make The Honey-Dijon Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover, chill and reserve.
- 2To Make The Cajun Spice Blend: Combine spices for Cajun spice blend in a small bowl.
- 3To Make the Turkey Cutlets: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 4Lightly brush both sides of turkey cutlets with olive oil.
- 5Sprinkle top of each with spice blend, covering the entire top surface of the cutlets with the seasonings.
- 6Heat heavy large skillet (preferably cast-iron) over high heat until very hot. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat.
- 7Place 2 cutlets, seasoned side down, in skillet. Sear until very brown on bottom, about 2-3 minutes. While the first side cooks, sprinkle another teaspoon of spice blend over the top of each cutlet, coating the surfaces well. Turn the cutlets and sear for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining 2 cutlets.
- 8Place cutlets on a baking sheet. Place in preheated oven; bake until an internal temperature of 170 degrees is reached, about 6-8 minutes.
- 9For The Salad Assembly: Toss lettuce, spinach and carrots together. Portion vegetables into 4 shallow pasta bowls or dinner plates.
- 10Slice cutlets, across the grain, in 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place the turkey strips across the top of each salad.
- 11Sprinkle each salad with grape tomato halves, shredded cheese and green onions.
- 12Serve immediately with Honey-Dijon dressing on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Turkey Salad (Can Sub Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 990.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 49.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: