Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
An explosion of flavors in this Cajunized salad.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
Cajun Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless boneless turkey breasts, cutlet pounded to an even thickness or 4 (6 ounce) chicken cutlets, pounded to an even thickness
- olive oil
For The Salad
- 8 cups boston lettuce, washed, drained, chilled and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups spinach, washed, drained, chilled and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- To Make The Honey-Dijon Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover, chill and reserve.
- To Make The Cajun Spice Blend: Combine spices for Cajun spice blend in a small bowl.
- To Make the Turkey Cutlets: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly brush both sides of turkey cutlets with olive oil.
- Sprinkle top of each with spice blend, covering the entire top surface of the cutlets with the seasonings.
- Heat heavy large skillet (preferably cast-iron) over high heat until very hot. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat.
- Place 2 cutlets, seasoned side down, in skillet. Sear until very brown on bottom, about 2-3 minutes. While the first side cooks, sprinkle another teaspoon of spice blend over the top of each cutlet, coating the surfaces well. Turn the cutlets and sear for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining 2 cutlets.
- Place cutlets on a baking sheet. Place in preheated oven; bake until an internal temperature of 170 degrees is reached, about 6-8 minutes.
- For The Salad Assembly: Toss lettuce, spinach and carrots together. Portion vegetables into 4 shallow pasta bowls or dinner plates.
- Slice cutlets, across the grain, in 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place the turkey strips across the top of each salad.
- Sprinkle each salad with grape tomato halves, shredded cheese and green onions.
- Serve immediately with Honey-Dijon dressing on the side.
Made for Spring PAC 2013 and this is another winner! DH really enjoyed his lunch...yummm was all he said. I did cut the recipe in half and used more onions (I love onions) but otherwise followed the instructions. Served with a side of garlic bread. Thank you again for a wonderful meal. Definately will make this again.