Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
An explosion of flavors in this Cajunized salad.
Make and share this Blackened Turkey Salad (Can Sub Chicken) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
Cajun Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless boneless turkey breasts, cutlet pounded to an even thickness or 4 (6 ounce) chicken cutlets, pounded to an even thickness
- olive oil
For The Salad
- 8 cups boston lettuce, washed, drained, chilled and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups spinach, washed, drained, chilled and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- To Make The Honey-Dijon Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover, chill and reserve.
- To Make The Cajun Spice Blend: Combine spices for Cajun spice blend in a small bowl.
- To Make the Turkey Cutlets: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly brush both sides of turkey cutlets with olive oil.
- Sprinkle top of each with spice blend, covering the entire top surface of the cutlets with the seasonings.
- Heat heavy large skillet (preferably cast-iron) over high heat until very hot. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat.
- Place 2 cutlets, seasoned side down, in skillet. Sear until very brown on bottom, about 2-3 minutes. While the first side cooks, sprinkle another teaspoon of spice blend over the top of each cutlet, coating the surfaces well. Turn the cutlets and sear for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining 2 cutlets.
- Place cutlets on a baking sheet. Place in preheated oven; bake until an internal temperature of 170 degrees is reached, about 6-8 minutes.
- For The Salad Assembly: Toss lettuce, spinach and carrots together. Portion vegetables into 4 shallow pasta bowls or dinner plates.
- Slice cutlets, across the grain, in 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place the turkey strips across the top of each salad.
- Sprinkle each salad with grape tomato halves, shredded cheese and green onions.
- Serve immediately with Honey-Dijon dressing on the side.
Made for Spring PAC 2013 and this is another winner! DH really enjoyed his lunch...yummm was all he said. I did cut the recipe in half and used more onions (I love onions) but otherwise followed the instructions. Served with a side of garlic bread. Thank you again for a wonderful meal. Definately will make this again.