Prep 24 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
A different way to serve turkey. This is not a slow roasted bird! If you are grilliterate, this can be done using the indirect method with a little hickory or mesquite added to the charcoal.
- 8 lbs boneless turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup uncle roger cajun spices (Uncle Roger's Cajun Spice)
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Brine the turkey overnight if you wish.
- Brush the butter or oil over the breast.
- Cover all sides with spice and sliced onion.
- Wrap in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Uncover, discard onions.
- Bake, uncovered at 350°F until internal temp reaches 160°F.
We really enjoyed this! I made a spicy turkey broth from the bones (we didn't use boneless) and the broth and turkey meat were both very flavorful. Thanks for a keeper!