Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My favorite way to eat tuna, but the spice mix works well with blackened chicken or other types of firm fish.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed (crushed)
- 4 tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Mix first 7 ingredients in small bowl.
- Place steaks on baking sheet, brush on both sides with 1 T. oil. Sprinkle top of each with seasoning.
- Heat heavy large skillet over high heat until very hot. Add remaining 1 T. oil; swirl to coat.
- Place steaks seasoning side down in skillet. Cook until very brown on bottom (about 1 min) return steaks, browned side up to baking sheet.
- Place in oven; bake until done (about 8 min).
Lovely, this spice blend is perfect, thank you :)