Dr. Jenny's Note:
This fast and easy recipe is credited to Cynthia Charbeneau of Traverse City, MI. I made the recipe from the www.fustinis.com website. Fustini's is a store in Traverse City that specializes in all sorts of different olive oils and balsamic vinegars. The balsamics and olive oils also come in infused varieties (I just bought a pomegranate infused balsamic for salads). I love shopping in this store when I am up north. On the website, very few ingredient proportions are listed for this recipe, so I listed the proportions I tried tonight. I would never have thought I would enjoy strawberries with fish, but I really thought this dish was a winner. DH said he "liked it." I used Fustini's 18-year aged balsamic vinegar. I omitted the sugar and water. DH always cooks the tuna steaks by first putting them in the oven on 200F for a short time before pan searing them. This way, they are still rare (but not cold) on the inside. I put the strawberry/balsamic combination in a saucepan on the stovetop between medium low and low, just enough to warm them up. I served with one of our favorite salads, Arugula Salad With Shaved Manchego 191024, using Fustini's 12-year-old white balsamic vinegar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub fish with your favorite blacken seasoning.
- 2Grill or saute fish until cooked to desired amount.
- 3While fish is cooking, in a saucepan combine warm sliced strawberries with a little water, 1 Tb balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of sugar (depending on the sweetness of the balsamic vinegar).
- 4Spoon berries over the fish and enjoy.
- 5Note: The author of the recipe says you can use other types of fresh berries in this dish, depending on what is seasonal or what you have on hand.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Tuna Steak With Fruit and Balsamic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.6
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 86.1 mg
- Sodium 89.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 53.3 g