Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Warning: this is not a calorie friendly recipe but rather something that all of your friends will talk about. It is a great 5 star recipe that you will like to impress everyone with. Suggestion: Serve the fish with some roasted fingerling potatoes and asparagus as a side dish. Pictures to follow.
- blackening seasoning
- 4 tilapia fillets
- non stick olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 head fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 4 ounces boursin cheese (garlic and fine herbs)
- 1⁄2 lemon (juice only)
- Season the fish with blackening seasoning on both sides.
- Heat a cast iron pan and spray with a non stick spray.
- Once pan is hot enough sear each side for about 2 minute.
- In another large sauté pan, melt the butter and sauté fresh garlic over medium heat. When garlic is soft but not brown, add heavy cream, shrimp and the Dijon mustard.
- When the shrimp are cooked, add Boursin cheese and wine. Let the sauce thicken. Season with salt and pepper and the lemon juice.
- Plate the tilapia, adding minced parsley to the sauce just before serving. Spoon sauce over half of the fish.