Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A delicious, quick and easy fish chowder.
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning (Paul Prudhomme's Magic Seafood Seasoning Blend preferred)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 4 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 1⁄4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1. Rinse the fish filets and shake off excess water. Place the seasoning in a dish and press both sides of the fillets into the seasoning. Allow to rest.
- 2. Add the clam juice and the Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion to a 2 quart saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- 3. Brown the filets in a non-stick skillet for 3 minutes per side. Remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- 5. Add the half & half to the potato mixture. Heat thoroughly but do not boil. Use a slotted spoon to crush some of the potatoes against the bottom and sides. This will thicken the chowder.
- 6. When the chowder thickens, add the fish. Adjust the seasoning by adding more Cajun seafood seasoning or more half & half as needed.