- 6 -8 ounces fresh swordfish steaks
- 3 ounces fresh mango, diced
- 1⁄2 ounce red pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon jicama (optional)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat both sides of swordfish steak in Creole Seasoning mix if desired.
- Place steak in a hot cast iron skillet. Turn once and cook at high temperature until both sides are blackened.
- Place on baking pan with fresh fish stock or lemon juice and water.
- Bake at 350 degrees until tender and cooked in the center.
- Top cooked steak with fresh tropical fruit salsa.