Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Here's an unusual, but delicious and easy, method of cooking shrimp. I would suggest 1lb. per person. You can get the shrimp from www.BigEasySeafood.com.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled to last joint with tail left on
- 1 lemon
- garlic powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- hot sauce
- red pepper
- 1⁄3-2⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3-2⁄3 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Place shrimp in black iron skillet in attractive pattern.
- Squeeze lemon juice over shrimp.
- Sprinkle generously with garlic powder, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and peppers.
- Pat on butter/margarine in small pieces around skillet.
- Place in hot oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve from skillet with hot French bread.
This was Delicious! HOT & SPICY! A friend's family has a secret cajun shrimp recipe and I always wanted to be able to make my own. This recipe is actually better than theirs! :) It was very easy to make and the french bread was good dipped in the sauce around the shrimp and to soothe the burning mouth. I will use this recipe over and over im sure!
I loved the recipe - just watch that you don't overcook the prawns. I used 2 cloves of fresh garlic, 2 tbsp wocestershire sauce and 2 tbsp hot sauce (Peri-Peri). The heat is spo adjustable to suit your own taste. The bread is a must! Thanks
This is soooooo good. I think I could have kicked it up with a little more red pepper and hot sauce, but making it the first time, I went conservative. It is really very good. I will certainly make it again. Thanks Sarah for posting it.