Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
Winning Recipe of the Aguacate Lindo y Querido Recipe Contest, 2012.
Make and share this Blackened Shrimp Tacos With Avocado Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 2 Hass avocadoes, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, divided
- 1⁄2 cup julienned jicama
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon blackening seasoning
- 10 tortillas
- 10 sprigs cilantro
- In a small saucepan, bring vinegar and sugar to a boil for 1 minute. Place onions in a bowl; pour vinegar mixture over onions; chill until ready to serve.
- In a blender, puree avocados with sour cream, half of the lime juice and salt to taste; set aside. In a small bowl, combine jicama, cabbage, half of the oil (1 tablespoon), the remaining lime juice (1/2 lime) and a pinch of salt; toss.
- Season shrimp with blackening spice. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pan to smoking hot, add shrimp; saute until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, warm tortillas and fill with jicama salad, shrimp, avocado cream, red onions (from vinegar mixture) and 1 sprig of cilantro.