Prep 5 mins
Cook 27 mins
from Cooking Light
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 ounces queso fresco, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- cooking spray
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup plum tomato, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and roughly mashed
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine paprika and next 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp to bag; seal and shake well to coat. Remove shrimp.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes per side or until done.
- Working with 1 tortilla at a time, heat tortillas over medium-high heat directly on the eye of a burner for about 15 seconds on each side or until lightly charred. Divide shrimp evenly among tortillas; divide tomato, avocado, and sauce evenly among tacos.
Super good tacos, the shrimp were perfectly cooked and the sauce complemented them beautifully
These are great -- a winner in my house! Made as directed with the exception of skipping the thyme. Thanks for sharing!