Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a definite winner. Especially if all the ingredients appeal to you. I've gotten many bravos for this recipe. I hope your family and friends enjoy this recipe as much as mine do. I've subbed frozen green peas for the roasted red bell peppers."
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 6 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, Chopped
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon capers, Drained
- Combine peeled shrimp, oil, and Cajun seasoning in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat in a large frying pan. Cook and stir mushrooms and shallot in butter until tender. Remove from pan. Add shrimp cook until shrimp turn pink about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan. Add 2/3 cup chicken broth to pan, and bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until reduced to 1/4 cup (2 to 3 minutes).
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and cornstarch; mix in 1 cup chicken broth. Stir into reduced chicken broth in the frying pan. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Cook 1 minute more. Stir in shrimp, mushroom mixture, roasted red peppers, and capers. Heat through, and season to taste. Serve over pasta.
- You can substitute shrimp broth or white wine for the chicken broth. To make shrimp broth, reserve shrimp shells, and simmer in 2 cups water for 15 minutes.
Great recipe and I had all the ingredients. Very tasty, although I did add 2 cloves of garlic while sauting the onions
This made for a delicious birthday dinner. I loved the spicy shrimp with the creamy noodles. We usually cook our shrimp with the peels on to add flavor to a dish, but in this case I would peel them first so they stay coated with spices in the final dish. This would be great with noodles or rice. [Made for I Recommend]
Yum, this was easily prepared and delicious. I enjoyed the bite in the creamy sauce, definitely something we will enjoy regularly. I served over rice, personal preference. Thank you, Basque Princess, lovely recipe, made for Spring PAC 2013