Recipe by Mille®
I guarantee that this will wake up every single one of your heat-loving taste buds!
Top Review by yogi
Super delicious! We were all licking our fingers. I used much less cayenne, and they were still pretty spicy. Everyone started coughing while this was frying...guess the spices were overwhelming us...ha! ha!
- 32 raw peeled large shrimp
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- mushroom (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- onion (optional)
- bell pepper, sliced (optional)
Blackening Spice Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (sea salt is best)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix spice ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl (make a double or triple batch and store the remainder for later use!) Dredge shrimp through the mixture.
- Place a large skillet over a very high heat, and melt the butter.
- Place the shrimp in the skillet and turn heat down to medium.
- Cook on both sides for approximately 7 minutes (maybe less) each- pay attention to the shrimp as they cook quickly; when the shrimp curl, they are done.
- Optional sprinkle the vegetables with the spice mix and sauté in the butter in the same skillet.
- Serve with lots of garlic bread and ice-cold beer or chilled white wine.