I guarantee that this will wake up every single one of your heat-loving taste buds!
Make and share this Blackened Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 32 raw peeled large shrimp
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- mushroom (optional)
- tomato (optional)
- onion (optional)
- bell pepper, sliced (optional)
Blackening Spice Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (sea salt is best)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Mix spice ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl (make a double or triple batch and store the remainder for later use!) Dredge shrimp through the mixture.
- Place a large skillet over a very high heat, and melt the butter.
- Place the shrimp in the skillet and turn heat down to medium.
- Cook on both sides for approximately 7 minutes (maybe less) each- pay attention to the shrimp as they cook quickly; when the shrimp curl, they are done.
- Optional sprinkle the vegetables with the spice mix and sauté in the butter in the same skillet.
- Serve with lots of garlic bread and ice-cold beer or chilled white wine.
Super delicious! We were all licking our fingers. I used much less cayenne, and they were still pretty spicy. Everyone started coughing while this was frying...guess the spices were overwhelming us...ha! ha!
WOW, if you like spicy you will love this, we did!!!!!! We used the entire 2 tsp of cayenne and loved it, we did drink several beers to cool our mouths!!!!! We also added the veggies, 8oz of sliced mushrooms, 1 can of diced tomato's, 1 onion sliced into rings and 2 green peppers cut into rings. Excelent!!!!!! Thanks for posting!!!!!
This was fabulous. I served it with Lemon Garlic Pasta. My family loved it. Thank you so much.