Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve this over hot paste. From Pol Martin Cookbook.
Make and share this Blackened Scallops recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch thyme
- salt, to taste
- mix spices and herbs, (except salt) with oil in small bowl, set aside.
- heat cast iron pan over high heat. when hot, add spice mixture to pan and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- add peppers and shallot mix and cook 2 min over high heat.
- add scallops. mix well and cook 3 minutes over high heat. stir once during cooking and season with salt.
- serve over hot pasta. if desired sprinkle with lemon juice.