Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A spicy, rich salsa with a bite. Everyone asks for this recipe at parties.
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 peeled onion
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers
- 6 tomatillos, husks removed
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash kosher salt
- 3 canned chipotle chiles
- On a grill or dry pan put on the tomatoes, jalapenos, tomatillios and onions.
- Keep turning until all sides are blackened.
- Chop off the ends of the garlic, wrap in foil and bake in oven at 350 until soft or put on grill until soft.
- Remove tomatoes, jalapenos, onions and tomatillos when black and let cool.
- Remove garlic when soft.
- In a food processor combine tomatoes (make sure stems of tomatoes and jalapenos are removed) jalapenos, onions and tomatillos.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into the processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- add salt, chiplote peppers and cumin.
- Puree again.
- Serve cold.