Recipe by ellie_
This was delish! The original recipe called for broccoli rabe but I used regular brocolli when I made this, cooking the broccoli until tender.Recipe source: Health (march 2010)
Top Review by Sharon123
Excellent dish! I loved all the flavors! I was surprised to see raisins in this but enjoyed the sweetness they gave. Served with toasted orzo. Made for ZWT#9 2013 for Hot Stuff!
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (I used creole seasoning)
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat heat a skillet.
- Coat both sides of salmon with seasoning and then place in skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until done and blackened.
- In another skillet cook broccoli (see note in description) and water in a skillet, bring to a boil and simmer until tender (5 minutes for rabe or 10 minutes for regular broccoli); drain.
- Wipe out skillet (used to cook broccoli) and heat oil over medium heat. Stir in shallots and salt and cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened. Stir in broccoli and raisins.
- Serve broccoli with salmon and lemon wedges.