1/1 Photo of Blackened Salmon Poor Boy Sandwiches
I love spicy Cajun foods. I love salmon. This recipe combines them both into one delicious sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (1020.58 g) salmon fillets
- 6 French rolls, lightly toasted (hollow out some of inside bread to make more room for the filling)
- 354.88 ml shredded cabbage
- 12 slice tomatoes
- 88.74 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml cajun seasoning (use your favorite or recipe that follows)
- 9.85-14.78 ml cajun seasoning (to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
CAJUN SPICE INGREDIENTS
- 1Heat a heavy skillet over high heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2Mix mayonnaise with 1-2 teaspoons of Cajun spice.
- 3Taste, add salt, pepper or more Cajun spice as necessary (depending on your preference); put aside till later.
- 4Lightly oil both sides of the salmon and sprinkle with the remaining Cajun spice (the more you add, the hotter it becomes, so heads up).
- 5Place salmon in the hot skillet to blacken; cook 2 to 3 minutes on the first side, turn and finish cooking. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of fish and the heat of pan.
- 6Spread 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture onto each French roll.
- 7Top each with a blackened salmon fillet, 2 slices of tomato and 1/4 cup of the shredded cabbage and serve.
- 8***CAJUN SPICE MIX***.
- 9Mix all spice mix ingredients together. Store in a sealed ziploc bag.
- 10Makes about 2/3 cup spice mix.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Salmon Poor Boy Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.8
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 329.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 39.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: