Recipe by gailanng
To oil the grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill).
- 1⁄2 small avocado, pitted
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning or 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 8 ounces salmon fillets, skinned and cut into 2 portions
- 2 crusty rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup arugula or 1 cup other greens
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to high. Oil grill rack.
- Mash together avocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl with a fork.
- Rub blackening or Cajun seasoning on both sides of salmon. Grill until just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread the avocado mixture on the bottom halves of each roll. Top with the salmon, arugula, tomato and onion.