Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An amazing recipe that will give you a nice kick of spices and tastes with each bite.
Make and share this Blackened Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 8 -10 ounces salmon steaks
- 3⁄4 lb unsalted butter (olive oil works better)
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Each steak works best if it is about 3/4 inches thick, especially when using a cast iron skillet. Coat each stake with the butter (or olive oil) and let sit while the rest of the butter/olive oil heats up in the pan. After about 10 minutes, coat each stake on both sides with the seasoning mix and let it cook for around 2 minutes uncovered. Afterwards, flip it over and cook the stakes until they are a nice pink color inside. The time that it takes to cook each stake determines on how large they are.
Loved the spicy kick. So, why not next time I make this come for dinner. I got my fire extinguisher handy. Made for Healthy Choice recipe tag.