Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Jamie Oliver's grilled blackened pork filets. WOW, these are awesome.
Make and share this Blackened Pork Fillets recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, leaves only, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 1⁄2 ounces heinz organic ketchup
- 6 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 4 (14 ounce) boneless pork filets
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- To make marinade, crush up the cumin, fennel seeds and cloves in a mortar and pestle.
- Mix with the rest of the marinade ingredients.
- I usually use chipotle powder instead of the paprika, up to you.
- Season filets with salt and pepper, and toss them in most of the marinade until completely coated.
- Marinate for 12 hours, or at least one hour.
- Lay the four filets side by side, and skewer them all together with 1 inch in between each of them.
- Put them on a hot grill, or under a hot broiler for 15 to 20 minutes, turning often, and brushing liberally with the remaining marinade until you have a sticky blackened glaze.
- When done, let rest five minutes then slice the meat between the skewers.
- Great with salad, spiced beans, corn on the cob.
- and cold beer.