Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Jamie Oliver's grilled blackened pork filets. WOW, these are awesome.
Make and share this Blackened Pork Fillets recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, leaves only, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 1⁄2 ounces heinz organic ketchup
- 6 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 4 (14 ounce) boneless pork filets
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- To make marinade, crush up the cumin, fennel seeds and cloves in a mortar and pestle.
- Mix with the rest of the marinade ingredients.
- I usually use chipotle powder instead of the paprika, up to you.
- Season filets with salt and pepper, and toss them in most of the marinade until completely coated.
- Marinate for 12 hours, or at least one hour.
- Lay the four filets side by side, and skewer them all together with 1 inch in between each of them.
- Put them on a hot grill, or under a hot broiler for 15 to 20 minutes, turning often, and brushing liberally with the remaining marinade until you have a sticky blackened glaze.
- When done, let rest five minutes then slice the meat between the skewers.
- Great with salad, spiced beans, corn on the cob.
- and cold beer.