1/1 Photo of Blackened Opelousas Topping for Fish
One of the best entrees on the menu at Pappadeaux's is "Blackened Opelousas". They use catfish now, but I would recommend red snapper or amberjack. Anyway this is similar and maybe better than their sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon jalapeno powder (if you can find it or cayenne)
- 2 tablespoons dry instant roux mix
- 1/4 teaspoon blackening seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can oysters (drained)
- 8 ounces crawfish tail meat
- 1In a medium skillet over medium heat melt butter still it starts to brown.
- 2Add cream and stir and heat till bubbling.
- 3Add remaining ingredients stirring in between.
- 4Reduce heat to simmer uncovered for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 5This sauce is great over blackened fish with a side of dirty rice.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Opelousas Topping for Fish
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.0
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 140.9 mg
- Sodium 356.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant roux mix