Recipe by gailanng
Something new and different.
Top Review by J-Lynn
Very, very good! The chicken is amazing; I pounded it fairly thin and made it just as described. Non-stick frying pan helped. I served the salad with homemade Caesar dressing, and felt that it was just ho-hum; then realized I had not added any lime juice. I lightly sprinkled some onto my salad and wow! It had been missing that little extra something. Very good! If pressed for time, I would serve this with bottle Ranch dressing that I always have on hand.
- 4 (4 ounce) chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed and minced
- 8 roma tomatoes, 4 diced and 4 cut into wedges for garnish
- 40 white corn tortilla chips (optional)
- 3 Hass avocadoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes
- 3 limes, juice of
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 25 blue corn tortilla chips, for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup caesar salad dressing (or more to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare blackened chicken: Rinse chicken and pat dry. Combine blackening spices in a bowl.
- Coat chicken lightly with spice mix. In a hot, cast iron skillet, cook chicken in oil, searing breasts on both sides. Reduce heat to low, cook till chicken is no longer pink inside and juices run clear. Remove and cool slightly; then slice into strips.
- To assemble salad: In a large mixing bowl, toss together romaine, diced tomatoes, tortilla chips, avocado, all but a few teaspoons of cheese, (set remainder aside for garnish), salad dressing, chili flakes, lime juice, cilantro and parsley. Toss lightly to avoid bruising lettuce or possibly the avocado.
- To serve: Divide salad among four large plates. Arrange blackened chicken slices on top of each salad; sprinkle each with a little remaining cheese. Place tomato wedges around outside of plate, alternating with blue corn chips.