Prep 8 hrs
Cook 4 hrs
This is very good. I love blackened meat and this one is no exception.
Make and share this Blackened Leg of Lamb With Mint Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 6 lbs leg of lamb
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup currant jelly
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons bottled mint sauce
- With a sharp knife, cut small holes randamly in lamb.
- Insert garlic slivers into holes, leaving tops showing.
- Combine vinegar, worcestershire sauce,ketchup,water, mustard,salt and pepper.
- Marinate lamb in this mixture for at least 6 - 8 hours.
- Bake uncovered in a 300 oven for 40 minutes per pound.
- Baste every 30 minutes.
- ( If you prefer lamb less done, reduce cooking time.).
- The lamb will have a black crusty appearance, but will be tender and moist on the inside.
- Remove garlic slivers.
- Serve lamb with mint sauce.
- To make mint sauce, combine all ingredients and heat until melted.