This is very good. I love blackened meat and this one is no exception.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 lbs leg of lamb
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1With a sharp knife, cut small holes randamly in lamb.
- 2Insert garlic slivers into holes, leaving tops showing.
- 3Combine vinegar, worcestershire sauce,ketchup,water, mustard,salt and pepper.
- 4Marinate lamb in this mixture for at least 6 - 8 hours.
- 5Bake uncovered in a 300 oven for 40 minutes per pound.
- 6Baste every 30 minutes.
- 7( If you prefer lamb less done, reduce cooking time.).
- 8The lamb will have a black crusty appearance, but will be tender and moist on the inside.
- 9Remove garlic slivers.
- 10Serve lamb with mint sauce.
- 11To make mint sauce, combine all ingredients and heat until melted.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Leg of Lamb With Mint Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.6
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 173.3 mg
- Sodium 639.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 43.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: