Recipe by georgi
If you like heat you will love these. Make sure you have the windows and doors open when you make these or cook on gas grill.
Top Review by iris5555
My beans had a lovely smoky, nicely seasoned flavor. I'm not sure they turned out correctly as the spices clumped together rather than evenly coating the beans. Although they might not have been pretty, they tasted good.
- 907.18 g fresh green beans, stems picked off
- 29.58 ml safflower oil or 29.58 ml sunflower oil or 29.58 ml corn oil
- 7.39 ml cayenne
- 19.71 ml chili powder
- 14.78 ml cornmeal
- 4.92 ml dry oregano
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 14.78 ml kosher salt
- 14.78 ml finely ground black pepper
- 7.39 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 7.39 ml garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all seasonings in a bowl.
- Preheat cast iron pan or heavy wok over high heat until white hot, about 8-10 minutes.
- Plunge beans into stock pot of rapidly boiling water for about 30 seconds or until bright green.
- Place beans into large work bowl coat evenly with the oil.
- Sprinkle all of the seasoning over beans and coat evenly.
- Drop beans into hot pan (can work in batches, don't overload the pan) move beans around with tongs to char the spices evenly.
- Should take about 1-2 minutes.