If you like heat you will love these. Make sure you have the windows and doors open when you make these or cook on gas grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, stems picked off
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil or 2 tablespoons sunflower oil or 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons finely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1Mix all seasonings in a bowl.
- 2Preheat cast iron pan or heavy wok over high heat until white hot, about 8-10 minutes.
- 3Plunge beans into stock pot of rapidly boiling water for about 30 seconds or until bright green.
- 5Place beans into large work bowl coat evenly with the oil.
- 6Sprinkle all of the seasoning over beans and coat evenly.
- 7Drop beans into hot pan (can work in batches, don't overload the pan) move beans around with tongs to char the spices evenly.
- 8Should take about 1-2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.9
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 900.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g