From the Enchanted Cook's blog with minor adaptations. She was smitten with the fish nuggest served at the Gumbo Shop in New Orleans so she came up with this wonderful creation. The Remoulade Sauce is a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse creation. Can be served as an appetizer or main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard (Zatarain's is best)
- 1 teaspoon creole mustard (plus the 1 Tablespoon above)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 -8 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 (4 ounce) red snapper fillets, catfish (cut into bite-sized pieces) or 3 (4 ounce) other similar fish (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup blackening seasoning, blend (recipes on food.com)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil plus 2 tablespoon salted butter (adding extra if needed)
- 1For the Remoulade Sauce: In small bowl mix all ingredients together. Chill until ready to serve.
- 2For the Fish Nuggets: Heat a cast iron skillet to high heat while preparing the fish. Do not add butter yet.
- 3Pat fillets with paper towel to dry and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 4Place blackened seasoning blend and flour in large plastic ziptop bag and mix well. Add pieces of fish, seal, and shake till fully coated; set aside.
- 5Add oil and butter to the hot pan and allow to melt and sizzle. Carefully add fish pieces and fry at high heat for about 1 minute per side in well-ventilated area. Remove and place on paper towel to absorb excess butter. Serve immediately with remoulade sauce and wedge of lemon.
Browse Our Top Cajun Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Fish Nuggets With Remoulade Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.7
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 117.9 mg
- Sodium 541.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 46.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: