Recipe by AniSarit
If you like red snapper, then use it here - I think it's fabulous. The spice rub can be used on anything - it's the best I've ever tasted! I make 3 fillets for 2 people because it's so good!
Top Review by gailanng
Delicious and reminds me of the cutest riddle: Q: What's the difference between Cajun zoos and other zoos? A: In front of each exhibit, other zoos have a plaque with the name of the animals, its habitat, etc. Cajun zoos have a plaque with the name of the animal---and its recipe. (It's a riddle...just a riddle.)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (based on preference)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 fish fillets (I love red snapper, but use anything you like)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- cooking oil
- lemon wedge
- Mix first 8 ingredients together, and drench the fish in the mixture.
- Drizzle with melted butter and sauté in a very hot (not burning), heavy (cast iron!) skillet until blackened, only a few minutes per side.
- Turn and repeat on other side.
- Serve with lemon wedges.