Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is not for the timid, it is very spicy, but if you like hot food this will not disappoint you.
- 4 red snapper fillets or 4 other firm fish (about 1 1/2 pounds raw fish)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how hot you want it)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all spices/dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread the spice mixture onto a flat plate.
- Press the fish fillets firmly into the spices, coating both sides.
- Heat the olive oil until almost smoking in a large heavy skillet.
- Cook the fish about 2 1/2 minutes on each side for fillets less than 3/4 inch thick.
- Increase time slightly for thicker fillets.
The family's divided on this one. The ratings: 5 & 10 stars. Where are the Supreme Court justices when you need 'em?
Delicious! Just the right amount of heat! Thanks for sharing!
Delicious! I used 1tsp of cayenne and it had just the right amount of kick. Thank you.